Caged is a RPG game written by me and my team* in our first year (2007) at the university. The game development was difficult as hell, and fun as hell as well. I learnt to design the architecture and lead a team, while teaching the team to code. One of the most rewarding experiences in my life.
The game is written C++, using SDL and TinyXML as only support libraries. We worked on the Dev-C++ IDE and SVN. It has 20+ game levels.
- A scripting engine which feeds cut-scenes and dialogues from XML
- A sound engine based of SDL_mixer
- AI for the bots, with path finding, decision making and message system.
- Core, with entity manager, event system, clocks and timers, log system, resource manager, FSM…
- Physics with collision detection and some neat force driven steering behaviors.
- Graphics. SDL isn't meant to be used as a Gfx engine, so the camera, the GUI, and so on was also fun to make.
- Integrated game editor, to make all the xml maps for the game.
- Life-saver debug mode xD
- Jaime (Ying) Barrachina
- Victor (CyanCrey) Villanueva
- Maria (Chuel) Cabezuelo
- Catalin (K_ta) Costin
- David (Coper) Garcia
(You know who you are ;) )
- Yuna (Script writer)
- Javier (NeoM) Belenguer (Our life saver, really)
- Wynter (Zerotri) Woods